Thursday, September 20, 2007

Educational Websites

I agree that technology is great for the classrooms. It's amazing to me that my 4 year old can operate a computer, find a website under our bookmarks, and can play the games. As I am doing research for our classes of looking up lesson plans and motivational strategies, I am beginning to understand that time is the only limit to our learning!
Both of my children's teachers (Pre-K and 2nd grade) have posted on their school website some educational websites that we can use at home. I believe they use some of these websites in school to create interest in different subject areas. A few of the ones that we have tried already include:
www.starfall.com (great for my preschooler)
www.aplusmath.com (provides flashcards, worksheets, etc)
www.kidskonnect.com
www.seaworld.org
www.zoobooks.com
Have fun exploring!

Sandy D.

No comments: