Friday, September 21, 2007

I spoke to my son's 4th grade teacher today about technology in her SeaGate Elementary classroom. She had never heard of Tapped In and a Virtual Classroom. I sent her an invite to look at the classroom that I'm starting to build. I offered to help her get one started. So I guess we are on the cutting edge!

I was in the classroom today listening to the students present a story for their first Writer's Workshop. The teacher plans to have a Writer's workshop each month when the students read a story that they've written and are particularly proud. I suggested that she could start a blog so that the parents that couldn't attend the workshops could see what everyone was doing. Of course the students could also see their piece on display. She loved the idea. Wow, one more technology thing that I can share in the real world!

Cathy

No comments: